There is nothing better than coming home and finding a fragrant environment, isn’t it? Space is your favorite spot, and even better if its aroma makes you feel good. To ensure this for every day, it is a great choice to make an environment scent.
The most varied essences available on the market provoke different sensations. Some, for example, are soothing, while others invigorate. Therefore, it is important, first of all, to know the effects of each aroma for the organism. To help you, this text also has explanations about some of the main essences used when making an environment scent.
These different effects are what help in aromatherapy. That is, in the treatment of health through aromas. Before adhering to any essence, however, it is essential that the user verify that he is not allergic. If you start to sneeze, notice redness of the skin or other effects, it is important that the individual suspend the use of the aromatizer. If the symptoms do not subside, you will need to see a doctor.
In any case, essential oils are usually safer, with a very low chance of causing allergies. Keep following the text and discover the essences and how to make a room scent!
What essence to use for the flavoring?
As mentioned at the beginning of the text, each fragrance has different effects on the body. Therefore, it is interesting to assess what your goal is when flavoring the space. At the same time, consider only the perfumes you like. A sickening smell, even if it has a calming effect, can be quite annoying.
You can find the most different essences in drugstores and natural products stores. Handicraft stores also usually rely on the product for ambient flavoring.
Cinnamon is an old spice – very old and quite popular! Who does not remember the Portuguese, who arrived in Brazil when they lost their way to the Indians? In India, they intended to buy cinnamon, black pepper, cloves and other products.
The aroma of cinnamon is warm and helps to awaken. It also stimulates appetite and is able to dissolve some of an individual’s irritability.
Sandalwood, on the other hand, has a more enveloping and cozy scent. Whoever takes advantage of this aroma feels welcome in the space, comfortable. In addition, the tree soothes the body’s agitation and anxiety, and also stimulates good feelings in the nervous system.
The scent of lavender refers to cleanliness, freshness. Therefore, the plant causes a great feeling of well-being, of tranquility. It also fights stress and anxiety and helps the body’s immune system to stay strong.
Those who want a little more tranquility and concentration can take advantage of lemongrass. Its aroma is pleasant and fresh, and helps to eliminate the physical and mental fatigue of the individual.
Even for a new car, eucalyptus is recommended! You hardly dislike the fresh scent and smell of nature that this type of scent provides. One of its main benefits is its ability to decongest the nose, promoting a more pleasant and long breath. The product also provokes the feeling of vigor and strengthening of the organism.
Among all the flavorings of the environment, patchouli is one of the least known. That’s because, the herb is native to Southeast Asia. Still, it is quite common in cosmetic products, especially in body creams. Its aroma is warm and woody, and at the same time balsamic and sweet. Its effects relax the body and can also be aphrodisiacs.
A soft and slightly sweet scent: this is the aroma of roses. Its effects on the body are calming, and are able to relieve symptoms of stress, fear, tension and anxiety. At the same time, the essence can strengthen the immune system.
See also: DIY Decoration: 90 Decorating Ideas Do It Yourself!
Room flavoring recipes
The preparation of all the fragrances below is the same. As soon as you choose your favorite, mix the ingredients in a saucepan. Then, boil them and spread the liquid in open jars around the house. You can also put the flavoring in a spray.
Rosemary, lemon, rosemary and cinnamon sticks
By mixing rosemary, lemon, rosemary and cinnamon, the consumer gets a light, citrusy scent that is very reminiscent of nature. The sensation is of freshness and vigor. To make this flavorer, you will need:
- 500 ml of water;
- 1 lemon cut in 4 parts;
- 2 cinnamon sticks;
- 2 branches of fresh rosemary.
Orange and vanilla
Whoever chooses the mixture between orange and vanilla, obtains a sweet and soft perfume for the space. You will need:
- 500 ml of water to boil;
- Sliced orange;
- Vanilla (which should only be added after the water and the orange have boiled).
Mint, lemon, thyme and vanilla
Want a refreshing combination for hot days? The mix between mint, lemon, thyme and vanilla is ideal! For ambient flavoring, combine:
- 500 ml of water;
- Chopped mint (mint) leaves;
- 1 lemon;
- 1 spoon of vanilla essence;
- 1 bunch of fresh thyme.
Citrus fruits, herbs and flowers
Using fruits, herbs and flowers in the same flavor is to obtain a soft and refreshing perfume. You just need to mix:
- 1 lemon and/or 1 sliced orange;
- 1 bunch of chopped fresh herbs, such as basil, rosemary, fungi, mint and others;
- Flower petals, such as roses or sunflowers. Choose the plant that suits you best.
Orange, almond oil and ginger
An aromatizer of this type has a strong, woody smell, and brings a feeling of warmth to the space. To make this mixture, you will need:
- 500 ml of water;
- Orange slices;
- Ginger (which must be added after the water has boiled);
- 1 coffee spoon of almond oil (also after the water boils).
How to make room air freshener?
You saw in the previous topic how to make a flavoring, now we will see how to use these flavorings. Depending on your preference, just change the essence or aromatic products used. The other ingredients may be the same and will bring great results to your well-being. Follow us!
Aromatizer with toothpicks
Also called a diffuser with sticks or sticks, this option is widely used in decoration. After all, in addition to perfuming the environment, it gives a touch of elegance and care to the space. It is always important, in any case, to change the toothpicks, about every five hours. This maintains the continuous spreading of the perfume through the air.
- 1 glass bottle of 200 ml or slightly larger. It is important that the sticks do not fall out of the pot when placed diagonally inside it. Only half of each rod, more or less, should be outside the pot;
- 100 ml of water, preferably distilled;
- 100 ml of cereal alcohol;
- 30 drops of the essence of your choice;
- Wooden sticks, like barbecue sticks.
How to make? Step by step
- Put the cereal alcohol in the glass;
- Add the drops of the essence;
- Mix the water;
- Close the glass jar and gently rock it to mix the ingredients;
- Let the closed pot rest for 3 days;
- Open the flask, and insert the rods upright, so that they moisten;
- Turn the humidified part of the rods upwards. The other ends should be inside the pot, so that they will humidify until they are turned over again.
Ambient air freshener on the lamp
You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 ordinary lamp, incandescent or not;
- 1 small piece of cotton;
- Flavoring essence.
To make room air freshener:
- Wait for the lamp to cool down and uninstall it. The ideal is to prepare the flavoring during the day, as the lamp will not have been used in the previous hours;
- Soak the cotton in a little bit of the essence;
- Pass the cotton on the outside of the lamp;
- Allow the lamp to dry and install it again;
- Turn on the lamp and wait for it to warm up. The heat will exhale the aroma into the environment.
It is quite simple to make flavored candles. You will need:
- Ordinary candles;
- Crayons of the desired color. The ratio is usually one candle for each crayon, but you can “overdo it” if you like;
- Flavoring essence.
The step by step to prepare the candle is as follows:
- Melt the candle and the crayons together. It is possible to melt them in the fire, in a water bath; in the microwave (just place the candle and chalk in a microwave container); or in the oven, placing the ingredients on a baking sheet;
- Remove the mixture from the oven and add the essence. You must use at least 30 drops;
- Place the liquid in a container or pan and let it dry. You may or may not put a string wick on the candle;
- Light the candle. The heat of the fire will spread the aroma throughout the room.
Ambient flavoring spray
To make an ambient flavoring spray, the following ingredients are needed:
- 500 ml of Ready Base for perfume;
- 100 ml of flavoring essence;
- Container to make the mixture;
- Bottle with spray valve.
When making the flavoring, you just need to mix the ingredients and put them in the bottle. With each spray, the rooms will become more fragrant and pleasant.
Environment flavoring gel
Have you ever thought about making a gel air freshener? The necessary ingredients are as follows:
- 400 ml of water;
- 4 packages of unflavored gelatin;
- 30 drops or more of flavoring essence;
- 2 tablespoons of salt;
- Food coloring;
- 1 glass jar.
When preparing the flavoring:
- Heat 200 ml of water;
- Mix the chosen essence and color and bring the liquid to a boil;
- Turn off the heat and pour the flavorless gelatin into the pan;
- Put the salt and dissolve all the ingredients;
- Mix the remaining 200 ml of water;
- Place the product in the glass jar and let it harden. If you prefer, you can put the pot in the refrigerator. Thus, the aromatizer will harden faster;
- Leave the jar open in the environment you want to scent. Avoid placing it in the sunlight.
Natural environment scent
Our last flavoring option is natural. To do this, you will need:
- Orange peels;
To prepare the flavoring:
- Put all the ingredients in a pan;
- Bring the mixture to a boil and turn off the heat;
- Put the liquid in a bowl or spray;
- Leave the container open in the environment you want to scent.
What is the ideal flavoring for each environment?
Of course, you can insert your favorite scent in any room you want. Still, there are perfumes that go with every space in the house. Soon, we list some tips on how to choose the most interesting.
One tip is: avoid mixing too many aromas at home. When this is done, olfactory confusion can cause discomfort.
As the living room is the space that receives the most people, it is important to promote a feeling of warmth and joy. Therefore, the ideal flavoring for the space is lemongrass and lemongrass. Aromas of bamboo and leaves, which are very reminiscent of nature, are equally advantageous.
In the bathroom, it is always important to appreciate a flavoring that provides the feeling of cleanliness. At the same time, it is interesting to eliminate the bacteria that proliferate in the environment. In these cases, the ideal is to invest in rosemary, lemon and bergamot. Eucalyptus and lavender are also quite common in space.
The mixture of smells in the kitchen can be annoying. Mainly because in the room there is already the smell of food and fat. Thus, it is always good to use an environment scent that neutralizes the other aromas in the space. This can be done using citrus scents, such as mandarin, lemon and orange, as well as spices and seasonings, such as basil, thyme, anise and fennel.
In the bedroom, you need to relax. Therefore, it is best to use soothing and soothing flavorings. The ideals are those of melissa, lavender, chamomile, jasmine and vanilla. As well as marjoram, mandarin orange, sandalwood, patchouli, rose and several others. You may or may not mix the ingredients, to enhance the feeling of calm.
If concentration, creativity and vigor are stimulated in the office, even better. So, opt for cinnamon, orange and lemongrass flavorings!
Now you already know how to make room scents, and the best scents according to your purpose and space. What are you waiting for to prepare your flavoring?
Care with the environment flavoring
You should avoid, for example, transporting the flavoring from side to side. You should also not put it inside the wardrobe. This type of situation favors the spilling of the essence, a nuisance that will need to be cleaned up.
Remember never – never! – place the flavoring next to crockery and other household items. The accumulation, even if small, in the items, can cause bad taste and “strange” sensations during the use of the pieces.
Finally, be extra careful in the kitchen. Most of the time, flavoring essences are flammable. This means that they can catch fire and create major accidents. Also avoid placing them in direct sunlight.